Elisa design system (2017-2018)
Elisa design system v1 was represented by several UI libraries implemented in plain HTML/CSS and ReactJs, UI kit in Sketch, shared design and development tools, and tailored collaboration processes. My role there was to lead a multidisciplinary team which crafts, standardised and champions the company-wide UI solutions and approaches. In particular, this meant aligning the strategy of the design system project together with Elisa Design Lead, organizing inner user researches, developing detailed project plans and managing their implementation. Altogether, the achievements of the project were:
- Clear strategy and developed an yearly, quarter and monthly plans for the design system projects.
- Constant work with in-house design and development community.
- Implementing an in-house open source model for maintaining the design system projects.
- Organizing effective but simple project management practices and routines.
- Developing design system inner website.
- Introducing and adopting management, communication, and development tools.
- Leading development process of CSS and React libraries.
- Creating infrastructure for smooth contribution into the design system projects.